Over Memorial Day weekend we published an article laying out the basics of one of the most interesting genres of stones we carry: Boulders. We defined what a boulder is while also illustrating what the three basic types (Landscape, Garden, River Rock) are, noting that there quite a few different variations out there to be found.
In this follow up article we focus on the class of Boulder that more of you are looking for than any other, the Landscape Boulder. Let’s start with a couple of pictures:
For anyone who likes boldness, particularly when combined with uniqueness and beauty you just can’t take your eyes off of, you can clearly see why Landscape Boulders are so popular. Here is a list of reasons that these Alpha stones of the rock world have gained such levels of popularity:
Reasons why Landscape Boulders are popular:
- Landscape Boulders are probably the most under-appreciated variety of stone used in landscaping.
- The right Landscape Boulder has the ability to take your entire landscape to a level of natural beauty that can not be attained with any other type of stone.
- Boulder maintenance is actually significantly easier than for most other stones.
- You can leave your boulder(s) untouched for years without doing a thing and they will be just fine. However, if you want to keep them looking like the day you brought them home all you need are a broom and garden hose; and maybe a scrub brush and vinegar if you want to wash off the moss, mud and stains that they can accumulate during our distinctly different seasons here in northern Georgia.
- They have significantly more versatility than most people realize. Here are just a few of the many different uses for Landscape Boulders:
- The focal point of practically any landscape design, including whole landscapes, gardens or flower beds
- As an outline for pathways, walkways patios, pools or fire pits
- You can have them designed into a chair or bench
- Create a boulder wall (we highlighted a boulder wall that one of the contractors we refer to was building in the late fall last year)
- Create steps or a staircase with Finger Boulders
- And lastly, Landscape Boulders are great, natural way to hide a septic tank
Are you looking for Landscape Boulders, or Garden or River Rock Boulders right now? Then come right onto our 5-acre yard here at Stone Distributors and check out our current stock. We have an ample variety of Boulders in stock and ready for you to choose from. In addition, check out our stock of Flagstone, Fieldstone, Sawn Veneer Natural Stone, River Rock, Mulch, Stones Slate chips including the Slate Trail Mix, and many other stone and landscaping products we have. We can also put you in touch with one of the highly- qualified contractors right here in our area of Marietta/Cobb County/Atlanta, Georgia to help with planning and/or installation of your hardscape, landscape or wall project.
We are conveniently located at 1675 Bells Ferry Road in Marietta. If you are unable to make it to our yard, contact us at (678) 354-0566, or visit us online at https://www.stonedist.com. You can also follow us at or our Stone Distributors Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/stonedist/ or on Instagram. We are open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturdays (today) from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; closed on Sundays.