It’s that time of the year again, the beginning of spring is here… (and no, we are not referring to April Fool’s Day). Now is the perfect time for you to undertake the annual job of mulching your flower, tree and other shrubbery beds.
We realize that mulching is far from most people’s favorite jobs (that’s an understatement) but it is a critical activity each and every year if you want to keep your flora healthy and in good condition. Here at Stone Distributors we just laid our yearly mulch down around some of the important areas of our yard. Let’s take a look:
In last year’s article on mulch that we posted on March 18, 2020 (check out our archives to read the entire article) we explained why we believe that mulch is an overall better substrate for you to use than pine straw in your flower, tree and shrubbery beds. This year we are focusing why this annual ritual is so important to the health and vitality of the flora on your property.
Here are the substantially positive things that happen to your plants when you correctly lay down an annual application of fresh mulch:
- Mulch lessens the soil’s temperature changes throughout the year, which helps keep it cooler during the hot Georgia summers while also keeping it warmer during the winter.
- Mulch also helps to regulate the soil’s temperature, reducing the drastic changes that can cause damage from ground freeze or intense sun, particularly for your shallow-root plants.
- Mulch reduces the evaporation rate of water from the soil which keeps your plants from drying out and becoming malnourished.
- Mulch actually protects the organisms that are beneficial to the ongoing health of your beds and gardens, including warms, microbes and other insects.
- Mulch substantially reduces the growth of weeds.
As you can see, there are numerous important reasons for you to mulch this year, and every year. We just received a couple of huge loads of mulch onto our yard so we are prepared for you to come and take whatever amount you need.
Are you ready to undertake the important job of mulching your landscape this weekend? Then come on into Stone Distributors and get your mulch today; and if you have any questions about how much mulch you need or how to best apply the mulch on your property, just come right on up and ask any of our knowledgeable, friendly staff and we will be happy to help you.
We are conveniently located at 1675 Bells Ferry Road in Marietta. Come right onto our lot, contact us at (678) 354-0566, or visit us online at https://www.stonedist.com. You can also follow us at or our Stone Distributors Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/stonedist/ or on Instagram. We are open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturdays (today) from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; closed on Sundays. #Stone_Distributors.