Our latest edition of Fresh Off The Truck at Stone Distributors this week finds us having received in a shipment of one of our personally favorite types of stone: Landscape Boulders. Check this unique, really funky-looking one out, for example:
Apparently one of the things we have become known for is consistently having the best variety of Landscape Boulders on our yard of any Stone or Landscape materials retailer in the Marietta/Atlanta area. And yes, we do take some pride in that moniker.
You may ask – why? Sure, they are a substantial part of any stone retailer’s inventory. But why would we actually care about maintaining an ample inventory of Landscape Boulders?
We like Landscape Boulders for a variety of reasons:
- They are probably the most under-appreciated variety of stone used in landscaping.
- The right Landscape Boulder has the ability to take your entire landscape to a level of natural beauty that can not be attained with any other type of stone.
- They have significantly more versatility than most people realize. Here are just a few of the many different uses for landscape boulders:
- The focal point of practically any landscape design, including nature-scapes or flower beds
- As an outline for pathways, walkways patios, pools or fire pits
- Have them designed into a chair or bench
- Create a boulder wall (we highlighted a boulder wall that one of the contractors we refer to was building in the late fall last year)
- Create steps or a staircase with flattened boulders
- As a great, natural way to hide a septic tank
- Boulder maintenance is significantly easier than for most other stones.
- You can leave your boulder(s) untouched for years without doing a thing and they will be just fine. However, if you want to keep them looking like the day you brought them home all you need are a broom and garden hose; and maybe a scrub brush and vinegar if you want to wash off the moss, mud and stains that they can accumulate during our ever-changing and sometimes harsh seasons here in northern Georgia.
Come and visit us at our yard today at 1675 Bells Ferry Road in Marietta, Georgia and let’s work together to help you create the nature-scape around the outside of your home that you have always wanted with one or a few of these eye-catching boulders included!
We are open today from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., while our hours during the week (during the winter) are from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We are closed on Sundays. #FreshOffTheTruck #StoneDistributors #GardenBoulders #LandscapeBoulders