First of all, we want to start this article with a huge THANK YOU to all of you, our wonderful and loyal customers, contractors and vendors. We honestly did not know if anyone was going to show up during the coronavirus “Shelter in Place” mandatory lock down. Yet so many of you have continued to grace us with your patronage, helping to keep us alive. Thank you for your business, now and always!
This morning we open to a new, less-restrictive set of rules from our governor here in Georgia related to coronavirus. A number of businesses are re-opening today, including: barbers and hair salons, gyms, bowling alleys, massage therapists and yes, even tattoo parlors. Churches are also open for “In-person” worship services – although in all cases, strict social distancing rules must be followed.
Like most of you, we are unsure if Governor Kemp is pushing to reopen too quickly. But of course we understand that many of you want and need to get back to work to support yourself and your families. Bottom line is we pray that no one gets sick going forward. We support all of you and hope we are all able to return to a more normal life as soon as humanly possible. Hopefully today’s partial re-opening will prove to be a significant first step in that direction.
For those of you who are not sure of the current social distancing rules laid out earlier this month by our state government, they include (the following list is courtesy of an article from the April 20th edition of The Ledger-Enquirer):
- Screening all employees who show symptoms of COVID-19.
- Management providing protective equipment to your employees as available.
- Requiring hand washing and sanitation. Employees should also be given sanitation and cleaning supplies to keep their area and equipment clean.
- Staggering your employees shifts so there is less crowding in all workspaces. Holding meetings virtually and, if possible, allowing teleworking.
- Providing certain services virtually, you must do so whenever possible.
- Preventing workers from gathering during work hours. Employees can take lunch and other breaks outside the office provided social distancing can be maintained.
- Enforcing social distancing and increase the distance between employees and patrons. Employees must be six feet apart from each other.
- Establishing points of sale outside of the business-like curbside pick-up or delivery when allowed under existing Georgia laws.
- Suspending the use of PIN and credit card signature requirements.
Many of you will be going back to work tomorrow, or hopefully in the near future if all goes well. But of course this period of “Shelter in Place” seemed to go by much faster than you thought it would. There is a good chance that you still have a bunch of landscaping and stone projects that you wanted to tackle during the lockdown, but other priorities quickly took up your time.
We at Stone Distributors have two words for you: “No Problem”
- Just because you do not have the time to DIY does not mean you can not get it done. You can still get these projects done so you can enjoy the outdoors before the summer heat kicks in.
- NOW is the perfect time to come in and get some contractor referrals.
- Working with one of the highly-qualified contractors we proudly refer to you has the win-win effect of allowing you to get your project done, while also helping to get a local small business owner back up on his feet.
- And keep in mind that you can still do some of the projects yourself, but it DOES mean you can have someone come in and give you a quote and then hire them to do the projects that are just too time-consuming for your to take on yourself.
Do you have stone and other landscaping projects you were unable to finish during the lockdown? Then come on into Stone Distributors and let our knowledgeable people help you with picking out the right stones, substrates and contractor for your project. We have a large variety of different types of Flagstone, Fieldstone, garden boulders, stones and other landscaping materials available for you right here on our lot for all of your stone-related projects, with new inventory arriving weekly.
Contact us at (678) 354-0566 or by visiting us online at https://www.stonedist.com or on our Stone Distributors Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/stonedist/. We continue to be open NORMAL HOURS at this time: Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; closed on Sundays.
Source used to assist in compiling this article: